The article was professionally consulted by Specialist Doctor I Tran Ly Tra My has 10+ years of experience of cosmetic restoration at SaiGon Implant Dental.
A dental crown is a classy and worthy choice for customers who prefer perfect aesthetic taste. For customers who have been learning about porcelain crown services, the information of porcelain teeth, procedures and costs below will help you get more useful information and decide to do the service.
What are dental crown?
Dental crown is a simple solution using a tooth cap, is custom-made and has the same shape, size and color as a real tooth, but it is hollow inside placed over a real tooth. It aims to restore a tooth’s shape, size and strength, as well as improve its overall appearance creating a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
During the process of crowning porcelain teeth, the real teeth will act as a protective pillar to help fix and fill the void of the porcelain crown. Therefore, it is necessary to grind real teeth to make a pillar to help the porcelain crown stand on the jaw arch.
Which cases are suitable for making dental crowns?
Dental crown is a solution to restore the aesthetics of defective teeth with high efficiency. Dental crowns are able to protect your teeth and help create a beautiful smile from tooth damage to aesthetic preference. Therefore, this method is used because of many reasons, including:
- Restoring a chipped, cracked or worn-down tooth
- Protecting a weak tooth
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Covering a tooth with a large filling
- There is considerable space among teeth
- The teeth misaligned lead to an irregular shape
- Covering a dental implant
- Covering misshaped or discoloured teeth.
- Teeth are discolored by many factors, such as root canal treatment, side effects of tetracycline antibiotics or other medications, teeth with excess fluoride, fillings of teeth that are too large to discolor natural teeth…
What types of a dental crown?
There are many different kinds of dental crowns being available for customers’ demand and budget. Such materials as:
Metal crowns are best for molars because they rarely chip or break and cause minimum wear to other teeth. However, when comparing with another type of dental crown materials, metal crowns are not appreciated for aesthetics.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns have color-matched to your natural tooth. However the porcelain is easy to chip or break, and also causes more wear to oppose teeth than all-metal crowns.
Dental composite crowns are suitable for people who are sensitive to both metal and porcelain materials. Composite crowns have a reduced cost compared to gold and porcelain crowns, but they are less durable and have a shorter lifespan.
Ceramic or Porcelain crowns
Of all the crown materials, full porcelain crowns have the most realistic appearance. Some many people preferred for its inability to conduct heat and cold efficiently. This makes them the ideal choice for front teeth or Full-jaw porcelain tooth restoration.
Zirconia dental crowns are made from zirconium dioxide. Porcelain monolithic is durable, hard and high. Zirconia’s ceramic properties and natural white coloring make for a relatively effortless match to the rest of your smile. It comes in several forms, each with its own level of translucency.
Are dental crowns as good as real teeth?
How do dental crowns work well? A dental crown will work as well as a natural healthy tooth. They withstand normal biting and chewing forces just like a regular tooth. However, they do require periodic re-examination to maintain or replace when it is broken. They last up to 20 uses if well taken care of.
How dental crowns are bonded to a tooth? Produces of dental crown
To have a new tooth crown generally requires two visits to your dentist. The initial visit involves examining and preparing the tooth and the second involves the placement of the crown.
The initial visit:
- Step 1. Your dentist may take X-rays to examine the roots of the tooth and its surrounding bone to ensure that there is no decay or risk of infection.
- Step 2. Then they will inject a local anesthetic to numb the area before filing the tooth so as to make room for the crown.
- Step 3. Taking dental impressions and sending samples to Labo to make porcelain crowns for customers.
In the meantime, you will fit with a temporary crown to eat and protect the prepared tooth.
The second: Fixed the placement of the crown
- Step 1. Putting a porcelain crown on the ground part of the tooth, then using a special glue in dentistry to fix the porcelain tooth.
- Step 2. Checking, adjusting bite and ensuring that the fit and color are suitable.
Some Cases of Dental Crown in Saigon Implant Dental
How much does a dental crown cost?
You need to choose a reputable dental clinic to make porcelain teeth. Besides, you also need to grasp the price range of porcelain crowns in advance to balance your finances and prepare in advance the costs needed when doing porcelain teeth.
The cost of a dental crown can depend on which tooth requires the crown and which material you prefer for your crown. The difference between types of normal porcelain teeth is about 1,000,000 VND and from about 2.000.000vnđ to 4.000.000 vnđ for a porcelain tooth or ceramic.
The price of a normal dental crown is about 2,000,000 – 3,000,000 VND. The advantages of porcelain teeth: good bearing capacity, durability and color-matched to natural teeth. However, this line of porcelain usually has a shorter lifespan than high-end porcelain teeth.
Dental crown with Zirconia, Cercont HT, Lava Plus, cost from 4,000,000 VND to 10,000,000 VND/teeth. Although the cost is higher than the normal porcelain line, in terms of aesthetics, all-ceramic teeth are more superior, do not darken the gum line after long time use. In particular, this porcelain material achieves high hardness, allowing to eat firmly without fear of falling.
Why choose Dental Crown in Saigon Implant Dental?
If you prioritize porcelain crowns with a good doctor, you can choose Saigon Implant Dental. Dental Crown is the main service at the clinic, and invest carefully.
- Check teeth by Cone Beam CT 3D system, Panorex – Cephalometric
- The specialist in the Top 1 dentists in Ho Chi Minh City designs the smile line, aligns the proportions of the teeth, the size of the face.
- 3D CAD/CAM porcelain tooth design technology to automate, process porcelain teeth quickly, complete in only 2-3 days.
- There are modern lines of genuine imported porcelain teeth with quality safety certification from FDA such as: Zirconia porcelain (Germany), Lava Plus 3M porcelain teeth (USA), Cercon HT porcelain teeth (Dentsply Sirona – Germany), …
The process of dental crowns is according to the standards of the American Dental Association – ADA recommended.
- Using modern imported tooth grinding equipment. The doctor sharpens the lock firmly, correct the technique, and grinds just enough, safe for biological space.
- Using high-quality anesthetic to eliminate tooth sensitivity during grinding, providing a comfortable and gentle experience for customers.
Review of customer’s
Saigon Implant Dental Clinic is committed to always strives for the best to bring you absolute peace of mind.
Mon – Sat: 08:00 – 18:00
Sun: 08:00 – 16:00
(*) How effective may be in real-world settings will also depend on factors such as patient adherence etc
Saigonimplant © 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Implant Dental Clinic in Ho Chi Minh City